Sprint review meeting template
A meeting agenda for teams who have regular sprint review sessions.
Khalikane Imane via OeLean [Source]
About this template
Khalikane Imane, an enterprise agile coach, created this template to help teams understand that sprint reviews are more than just demos. At its core, a sprint review is about in-depth conversations and collaborations among participants and stakeholders.
By reviewing completed tasks and sharing feedback as a team, everyone will be on the same page about where the product is headed and what comes next.
Sprint Review Agenda
1. Set the stage for the meeting
If there are any new participants, give a short introduction before you begin.
What was concluded in the last review? What are the goals for this review?
2. Share an overview of the completed tasks
What tasks got completed?
How do these tasks relate to your overall sprint goal?
3. Demo and review of value delivered The development team shows a working model of their product to the audience.
Is the product functional?
Can you demonstrate its business value?
4. Feedback from stakeholders on product increment Stakeholders assess the presentation against the original sprint goal and provide any feedback they have.
Did the increments meet the users needs?
Did it create value?
Did it account for internal dependencies and improved functionalities?
5. Share what’s planned for the next sprint The product owner announces the focus of upcoming sprints and accepts input on what to prioritize going forward.
6. Celebrate the end of the sprint The meeting comes to a close with informal chats and appreciation for work done.
Source: Adapted from OeLean
When to use this template
Imane (the template author) thinks of sprint reviews as sessions for testing the new features and asking questions; in other words, demo + adapt. Use this template if you want your sprint reviews to be more interactive and exploratory.
This template ensures your progress and decisions are transparent, and that plans are adapted during the meeting to maximize value in the future.